First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:
- If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out. You can click on the links above or: See "Getting Started" and "Tutorials"
- Last week's challenge slideshow is late, my apologies. Oh dearie, I hope to have it up and running soon!!
- To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
- Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
- Due to an AMAZING TURN OUT each and every week - i'm going to have to cap the amount of entries PER PERSON to TWO per challenge. (This doesn't mean that you can only post 2 entries - no no noooo, it just means that i will only download 2 entries for the slideshow, of which i will download the first 2 presented to the challenge. i hope that makes sense, somewhat.)
- and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds last week. I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community. HUGS!
It felt like if we made plans to go - Artoo would inevitably get sick. The only way to do it was to do it somewhat spur of the moment.
And so - things looked good by the end of the week in our house, so Saturday morning we packed up the car with more things than you'd imagine a family of four people would ever need and drove 2 hours and got there just in time for lunch.
Chewie had a blast. He hit the ground running and didn't stop until about 9:00 pm Sunday night (which is right now, as i'm writing this Sunday night) - he played like mad with G-man, who is five (Chewie will be 3 in July). They ran, they played trucks, they chased the dogs, they climbed trees, they got stuck in the lilac bushes, they checked out the baby Bison....they even got into some trouble smashing the windows on the old fort Sunday afternoon....
what is it about boys that they feel the need to destroy things? sigh. i'll never know.
Anyway, Chewie had a ball at the farm.
|Chewie (left) and G-man (right) climbing fences and looking at the buffalo|
|Generally behind the camera, there are few pictures of me during family outings... Thanks B-rad for snapping this one of me and Artoo.|
We had a great time catching up and visiting... and just as we were getting ready to head back to the city, Artoo started sneezing and coughing... and we are back on Baby-Snot-Watch... Which, if you're new here, is a pretty harrowing ordeal due to Artoo's disorder. If you're a regular here, you'll know why we're a bit on edge... (little things like sniffles have a tendency to put Artoo in the hospital) Fingers crossed.... (Geeze, i swear he's not always sick.... sure feels like it sometimes though)
SO that's what's going on here on the Diva Homefront.
On to the challenge
Weekly Challenge #24 "String Theory version II: Stripes"
I loved last week's challenge so much that i thought we'd carry on with exploring strings... this will be String Theory version II, but really, this is the third string challenge in a row! For this challenge, draw a Zentangle or Zentangle inspired piece using only stripes as a string and see where it takes you. (Challenge credit to Maria Thomas, co-founder of Zentangle - thanks Maria!!)
In my tile, you can see that my string really was just that, stripes. They do sort of radiate outwards from the top though.
|L-R: Ennies, Baton, Flux, Courant, Tipple, Betweed, Printemps, Toobz* (mine), Striping|
Thanks, as always, for taking these Zentangle journeys with me, and for your patience when i'm behind on my end - getting the slideshows up.
*i will post instructions soonishthe fine print:
If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)
Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)
If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address)
The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.
I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. :(