About Me

My Photo
The Diva tries her hand at wifedom and motherhood and dabbles in artsy things. She is a Certified Zentangle Teacher.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Weekly Challenge #24

Happy Monday everyone!
First of all, as always - a few house keeping items:

  • If you're NEW here (and there've been a lot of new additions to the party!) I'm working on creating some tutorials to help you out.  You can click on the links above or:  See "Getting Started"  and "Tutorials
  • Last week's challenge slideshow is late, my apologies. Oh dearie,  I hope to have it up and running soon!!
  • To see all the past weekly challenges - click the tab above, or follow this link
  • Please grab the button for the Weekly Challenge (on the right  sidebar) to display on your blogs! share the fun!
  • Due to an AMAZING TURN OUT each and every week - i'm going to have to cap the amount of entries PER PERSON to TWO per  challenge.  (This  doesn't mean that you can only post 2 entries - no no  noooo, it just  means that i will only download 2 entries for the  slideshow, of which i  will download the first 2 presented to the  challenge.  i hope that makes  sense, somewhat.)
  • and i want to say a very extra special big heart felt thank you to everyone who donated funds last week.  I continue to be amazed by the generosity of spirit of this wonderful community.  HUGS!
This last weekend the family went on our first ever road trip together.  It's been tricky - we've been trying to get out to our friends' farm since before Artoo was born, but then a series of events - like Artoo coming early and his two trips to the hospital afterward kept preventing us from actually making it out there.

It felt like if we made plans to go - Artoo would inevitably get sick.  The only way to do it was to do it somewhat spur of the moment.

And so - things looked good by the end of the week in our house, so Saturday morning we packed up the car with more things than you'd imagine a family of four people would ever need and drove 2 hours and got there just in time for lunch.

Chewie had a blast.  He hit the ground running and didn't stop until about 9:00 pm Sunday night (which is right now, as i'm writing this Sunday night) - he played like mad with G-man, who is five (Chewie will be 3 in July).  They ran, they played trucks, they chased the dogs, they climbed trees, they got stuck in the lilac bushes, they checked out the baby Bison....they even got into some trouble smashing the windows on the old fort Sunday afternoon....

what is it about boys that they feel the need to destroy things?  sigh.  i'll never know.
Anyway, Chewie had a ball at the farm.
Chewie (left) and G-man (right) climbing fences and looking at the buffalo

Buffalo

Generally behind the camera, there are few pictures of me during family outings... Thanks B-rad for snapping this one of me and Artoo.

We had a great time catching up and visiting... and just as we were getting ready to head back to the city, Artoo started sneezing and coughing... and we are back on Baby-Snot-Watch...  Which, if you're new here, is a pretty harrowing ordeal due to Artoo's disorder. If you're a regular here, you'll know why we're a bit on edge... (little things like sniffles have a tendency to put Artoo in the hospital) Fingers crossed.... (Geeze, i swear he's not always sick.... sure feels like it sometimes though)


SO that's what's going on here on the Diva Homefront.

On to the challenge


Weekly Challenge #24 "String Theory version II: Stripes"

I loved last week's challenge so much that i thought we'd carry on with exploring strings... this will be String Theory version II, but really, this is the third string challenge in a row!  For this challenge, draw a Zentangle or Zentangle inspired piece using only stripes as a string and see where it takes you.  (Challenge credit to Maria Thomas, co-founder of Zentangle - thanks Maria!!)

In my tile, you can see that my string really was just that, stripes.  They do sort of radiate outwards from the top though.



L-R: Ennies, Baton, Flux, Courant, Tipple, Betweed, Printemps, Toobz* (mine), Striping

Thanks, as always, for taking these Zentangle journeys with me, and for your patience when i'm behind on my end - getting the slideshows up.
*i will post instructions soonish
the fine print:

If you have a blog, add the site-specific URL where your tile is posted to the linkey machine below! Don't forget to link back here so that others can join in the fun! (if you don't know how to find this, you can see my half assed tutorial here)

Also, please feel free to come back often and visit the links of those people on the linkey machine - don't forget to leave a comment or feedback, everyone loves feedback. ;)

If you don't have a blog but still want to participate, you can email your tile to me and i will post it here. (See the contact tab above for my email address)

The deadline for each weekly challenge is Saturday night so that i can round everyone up by Sunday. What this means is that i will stop adding tiles to the slideshow on Sunday. You're still more than welcome to do the challenges and add your name to the linkey machine.

I will be more diligent with the linkey machine - by editing out the ones that don't work, the doubles, the links that lead to nowhere, the links that go just to blog home pages (this is why we need those site specific urls), and the spam. And there is some spam. :(


25 comments:

  1. I am so happy you were able to get away to the farm. Sounds like a great place! I hope Artoo will not be ill for long and that you have a great week. Thank you for the challenges. They always give me the stretching exercise I need in what would otherwise be hard to conceive ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that you and your beautiful family were able to get out and enjoy the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs to Artoo and Chewie, B-rad and You. Thanks, B-rad for the photo treat!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made two... I think the one I posted is the best.... not sure either are all that great...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another interesting challenge, I'm much more of a curve string girl so this felt a little awkward. Like your version and the dynamic slant. Glad you were able to get away, hope Artoo is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope Artoo is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember little boy days - yes, they liked to destroy. They also liked to collect sticks and stones. We had a bucket outside our front door for their collections after outings :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. After raising three boys, I know even though they are exhausting at times, they are the joy in your world. I'm glad you get the chance to enjoy them. The pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you all had a wonderful time. I have two (grown) boys that are two years apart, and it was fun to take them somewhere they could just let all their boyness run free.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a wonderful day at the farm! Hope Artoo is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool challenge. The stripes allowed me to use border designs I don't use often. And, of course, I had to have an overlapping one. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another fun Challenge!!! Thanks, diva!!! Loved the pics of your boys and you...I had two girls but now have a grandson...and wow! Are they ever different for the get-go!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of fun, this one.. I may have to do a few more for myself. Your little ones are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. had to laugh about Chewie and the broken windows....boys eh? I hope Artoo is feeling better....thanks for the challenges and for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved this challenge. I tried to keep it as straight and simple as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoyed this challenge and the story of your trip to the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun, fun, fun! I'm busy with a zentangle in a similar format...so I had a good giggle when you posted this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My first participation in the challenge. I'm a beginner and I enjoy the inspiration you give. Thanks, Cari

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really enjoyed this challenge, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great trip to the farm.. glad everyone had such a great time... here's my challenge for this week.. sorta stripey...lol..have so missed tangling...thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  21. My stripes got a little lost but I found this challenge much more relaxing than some. Thanks for your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hollybough for my stripes, 'cause I learned that pattern this week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I sure hope I am in the same time zone as Laura, because it is 11:56 p.m., EST and I am just getting in under the wire again! It's really been a fun week with this simple challenge that brought out a lot of emotion and happiness for me -- who'd a thunk it! I am so glad that Artoo is better. Sending prayers up north for continued improvement for "our" little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cheers for that challenge, I'm a bit late, but they take me a while to do. I'm not at the stage of 'pumping' out a zentangle tile. {Maybe I just need to let go...}

    ReplyDelete
  25. This was the first challenge I decided to take up... I know I'm *way* behind in doing them, but it's been fun trying to catch up! :-)

    Enjoy my little contribution!

    <3 Christina G

    ReplyDelete

tangle me some zen, baby!!